Eastover TMJ Treatment
Eliminating Jaw Pain in Cotswold.
Are you experiencing symptoms like jaw pain, clicking of the jaw, neck pain, or severe headaches?
At Smile Moore Dental, we want to let you know that if you do have those symptoms, you do not need to feel hopeless or think you have to just “deal with it”.
Our highly-trained doctor and team are experienced in helping patients get out of pain and discomfort due to the symptoms mentioned above. Give us a call to see how we can get you to feel more like yourself again!
What is TMJ/TMD?
What You Need to Know
TMD is short for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder.
It’s a condition that affects the jaw, neck, and surrounding joints. The TMJ connects your jaw to your skull and allows you to move your mouth and chew food with ease. Here’s what a healthy vs. unhealthy jaw joint looks like:
- A healthy jaw joint enables a person to eat, yawn, and speak with little to no discomfort in the jaw region.
- An unhealthy jaw joint can affect both the jaw and neck negatively giving many people unpleasant pain or discomfort in those areas.
Symptoms of TMJ/ TMD
When you’re dealing with TMD in Cotswold, it can be hard to figure out what’s going on.
In essence, when you have TMD, the jaw joint can get irritated or damaged by things like grinding your teeth, clenching your jaw, or not having enough space in your mouth for all of your teeth. Some symptoms of TMJ/TMD include:
- Jaw pain
- Neck discomfort
- Clicking noises when you open or close your mouth
- Trouble chewing
- Problems speaking clearly
Treating Your Jaw Pain
At our dental practice in Charlotte, we believe in Centric Relation Treatment for TMD. This includes:
- Diagnostic Technology: We utilize de-programmers to verify muscles are relaxed and then record Centric Relation (CR).
- Treatment Modality: Depending on the findings, we may decide to take a conservative comprehensive approach to your TMD including mouthguards.
- Recommend: If you need further care, we may recommend you to a chiropractor or physical therapist.