Dental Implant Restoration in Eastover
Your Trusted Cotswold Implant Dentist
When you are missing teeth, there are a lot of problems that can arise, including jaw deterioration, shifting teeth, confidence issues, and more.
At Smile Moore Dental, we want to reassure you that in the case you do need dental implants, we are here to help you through. From placing dental crowns on your pre-existing implants to referring you to a trusted implant specialist in the area for placement, you can lean on us for all of your dental restoration needs.
What You Need to Know
A dental implant is a titanium post that gets placed in your jawbone to act as an “anchor” for future tooth restoration. The process is as follows:
- Referral – We will first refer you to a trusted implant specialist to surgically place the implant to your jaw.
- Healing – After the procedure, you will need to wait between four to six months to allow your mouth to adequately heal.
- Restoration – Once healed, our team will add a custom-created crown to your implant to give you a fuller smile.
- Follow-Up – Lastly, we will follow up with you to ensure you’re happy with your implant and crown restoration.
Benefits of an Implant
There are many health and aesthetic benefits for patients who decide to choose dental implants. Some of the benefits include:
- Better Oral Health – Having an implant can help keep your overall mouth healthy, which can reduce the risk of gum disease and other problems associated with losing teeth.
- Improved Speech – A dental implant is an excellent way to restore your teeth so that you can effectively speak again!
- Boosted Self-Esteem – One of the most obvious benefits of dental implants is that they look great! Many people who are missing teeth choose to get dental implants because they want to feel confident in their smile again.
Implant Retained Dentures
Implant-retained dentures are an excellent alternative to traditional braces.
With this restoration option, your denture will be connected to your mouth via implants. This means that there is no slipping/falling out AND it helps you maintain the integrity of your jaw bone.
Common Dental Implant Questions
Have more questions about dental implants? Here are some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) that we get from our Eastover patients time and time again: