Dental Implants FAQ
What You Need to Know
If you are considering dental implants, you may have a lot more questions that need to be answered. This is completely normal!
At Smile Moore Dental, our doctor and team are well-educated on the matter and can keep you informed and reassured throughout the entire process. Here are some of the most common questions about Eastover implants
Overall, the dental implant procedure can take anywhere from 1 to 2 hours to complete.
Once the surgery is complete, you are looking at about a 4 to 6-month heal time before you can add your custom crown to your implant’s titanium post. Every patient is different, but that is a rough estimate of how long it may take you to get through the process from start to finish.
To simplify it, here is what you can expect during the implant process:
- Placement – An oral surgeon will carefully and safely place the titanium post (or dental implant) to your jaw.
- Healing – Next, you will want to wait anywhere from 4 to 6 months to fully heal from the surgery.
- Restoration – Lastly, our team will go in and place your custom crown on your post for a fuller, healthier smile!
It depends. Getting a dental implant is a very personal decision that you need to discuss with your doctor to see if it’s the right fit for your unique situation.
Dental implants are a great option for those who have lost their teeth due to:
- Cleft Lip
- Gum Disease
Give us a call if you are still on the fence! We’d love to help you out.
Yes! We all know that with the right dentures, you can smile with confidence.
That’s why at Smile Moore Dental, we offer implant-retained dentures that are known to keep from slipping or falling out. Our implant-retained dentures are designed to fit comfortably and securely, so you can eat and feel confident without worrying about anything getting in the way of your day.
The type of restoration you get is completely dependent on your goals.
If you are looking to restore only one tooth, you may want to consider getting a custom crown to fill in the gap. If you are looking to fill in several missing teeth, you may want to consider getting a dental bridge or implant-retained denture to give you a full smile again.
Dental implants are a great way to replace missing teeth and improve your smile!
There are many benefits to getting dental implants including:
- Long-Lasting: Implants can last for years, even after you’ve had them for decades. They’re also more durable than other tooth restoration options.
- Natural Looking: Dental implants are made from titanium and the restoration added looks like your natural teeth. With implants, you’ll enjoy an improved appearance that lasts for years.
- Improved Chewing: Dental implants allow you to chew just like you did before losing your teeth. This means you can enjoy all your favorite foods again!