Dr. Durning Moore, your Charlotte, NC dentist, can repair damaged teeth, replace missing teeth, and more. A Dawson Academy dentist, Dr. Moore has the training and experience to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment for your restorative needs.
A healthy, stable and functional smile will give you back your best quality of life. Charlotte Center for Complete Dentistry helps you enjoy your favorite foods and regain your confidence with restorative dental procedures.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry focuses on the repair of tooth damage and the replacement of missing teeth. Dr. Moore offers the range of treatments necessary to meet the needs and goals of our patients:
- Dental Implants
- Dental Crowns
- TMJ Treatment
- Dentures & Partial dentures
- Dental Bridges
- Periodontal Therapy
- Implant-supported dentures
Dr. Moore will thoroughly evaluate all aspects of your smile, including the teeth, gums, and jaw joints. Instability can occur in the function of the jaw joints that affects the way the teeth make contact when biting.
This is often the underlying cause of many dental problems from worn teeth to the common symptoms of TMJ disorders. Identifying and addressing these issues when present is the key to a lasting results.
Dr. Moore’s training with the Dawson Academy focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of bite disorders. He helps patients enjoy better outcomes by aligning the bite and improving function and comfort.
Common reasons to get restorative dental care can include:
- Chipped teeth: Chipped teeth will become weak over time and are more prone to decay.
- Worn teeth: Teeth that appear “flat” or worn are often the sign of teeth grinding or an underlying bite problem.
- Cracked teeth: Cracked teeth can also be the sign of a bite problem and can lead to lost teeth. If the crack is large or deep enough, it can cause infections that lead to tooth loss.
- Missing teeth: Lost teeth typically need replacement as soon as possible. Lost teeth can lead to gum disease and more tooth loss.
- Periodontal disease: Gum disease is a progressive disease that is untreatable in the later stages. Late-stage gum disease can lead to extensive damage to the natural structure and integrity of your teeth.
Restoring health and function to your smile will stabilize your long term dental health and give you a reason to smile. Dr. Moore will work with you on an individual basis to address dental health concerns and aesthetic goals so that your result is as beautiful as it is comfortable and functional.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Stable teeth, healthy gums, and a comfortable bite are all important aspects of both oral health and overall physical well being. Dr. Moore can help you re-establish the missing components of your dental health with restorative dental care.
Repairing teeth, replacing teeth and adjusting the fit of your bite will provide many key benefits for your health and quality of life. For example:
- Ability to enjoy a healthy diet: Tooth damage and loss can lead to dietary restrictions when you lose your chewing ability.
- Confident speech: The ability to speak clearly relies on the structure of your teeth and gums.
- Stable overall health: Healthy gums can help to minimize the risk of developing an inflammatory-related disease. For example, preventing harmful bacteria from entering the bloodstream in the absence of gum disease.
Schedule A Dental Care Exam Today
Charlotte Center for Complete Dentistry welcomes new patients, and can help you find a personalized solution for your dental concerns, even if you have been avoiding the dentist for some time. To schedule an appointment in our Charlotte dental office, contact us at (704) 459-7235 or request one online.