Damaged and missing teeth can be repaired and replaced by Charlotte, NC dentist Dr. Durning Moore. A Dawson Academy dentist, Dr. Moore has the training and experience to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment for your restorative needs.
A healthy, stable and functional smile will give you back your best quality of life, enabling you to enjoy your favorite foods and regain your smile confidence.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry focuses on the repair of tooth damage and the replacement of missing teeth. Dr. Moore offers the range of treatments necessary to meet the varied needs and goals of our patients:
- Dental Implants
- Dental Crowns
- TMJ Treatment
- Dentures & Partial dentures
- Dental Bridges
- Periodontal Therapy
- Implant-supported dentures
Dr. Moore will thoroughly evaluate all aspects of your smile, including the teeth, gums, and jaw joints. Instability can occur in the function of the jaw joints that affects the way the teeth make contact when biting.
This is often the underlying cause of many dental problems from worn teeth to the common symptoms of TMJ disorders. Identifying and addressing these issues when present is the key to a lasting result from your recommended dentistry.
Dr. Moore’s advanced training with the Dawson Academy has focused on the diagnosis and treatment of bite disorders, helping patients enjoy better outcomes by aligning the bite as needed and improving function and comfort.
Common reasons for needing restorative dental care can include:
- Chipped teeth: teeth that are chipped will become weakened over time and are more prone to decay if not repaired.
- Worn teeth: teeth that appear “flat” or worn are often the sign of teeth grinding or an underlying bite problem.
- Cracked teeth: cracked teeth can also be the sign of a bite problem and can lead to lost teeth if not treated. Cracked teeth can also become infected of the crack is large or deep enough.
- Missing teeth: lost teeth typically need to be replaced, the sooner the better to avoid other problems.
- Periodontal disease: advanced gum disease can lead to extensive damage to the natural structure and integrity of your teeth.
Restoring health and function to your smile will stabilize your long term dental health and give you a reason to smile. Dr. Moore will work with you on an individual basis to address dental health concerns and aesthetic goals so that your result is as beautiful as it is comfortable and functional.
Benefits of Restorative Dentistry
Stable teeth, healthy gums, and a comfortable bite are all important aspects of both oral health and overall physical well being. Dr. Moore can help you re-establish the missing components of your dental health with restorative dental care.
Repairing teeth, replacing teeth and adjusting the fit of your bite will provide many key benefits for your health and quality of life:
- Ability to enjoy a healthy diet: tooth damage and loss can lead to dietary restriction when chewing ability is diminished.
- Confident speech: the ability to speak clearly relies on the structure of your teeth and gums.
- Stable overall health: healthy gums can help to minimize the risk of developing an inflammatory-related disease, preventing harmful bacteria from entering the bloodstream in the absence of gum disease.
Schedule A Dental Care Exam Today
Charlotte Center for Complete Dentistry welcomes new patients, and can help you find a personalized solution for your dental concerns, even if you have been avoiding the dentist for some time. To schedule an appointment in our Charlotte dental office, contact us at (704) 761-7870 or request one online.