When you look your best, you feel your best. Achieving a whiter, brighter smile can help boost your confidence and get you one step closer to the smile of your dreams.
Charlotte cosmetic dentist Dr. Durning Moore can work with you to help you achieve a whiter smile. If you would like to learn more about how to whiten your teeth, visit our Charlotte, NC dentist office.
In the meantime, we have listed a few tips for whiter teeth.
Tips For A Whiter Smile
- Practice excellent oral hygiene: Daily oral hygiene is one to the simplest and easiest ways to brighten your smile. Taking the time to brush and floss helps remove debris and plaque build-up from the teeth, which helps promote a whiter and healthier smile.
- Improve your diet: Studies have shown that certain fruits and vegetable, such as apples, celery, and celery, can help whiten your smile and improve your dental health.
- Avoid smoking and tobacco use: Smoking and tobacco use can increase your risk of yellowing and browning of the teeth. Finding ways to eliminate tobacco use may prevent further discoloration of your smile.
- Avoid stain-causing foods and beverages: Certain types of foods and beverages can increase your risk of stains an discoloration. For instance, drinks such as wine, coffee, and tea can stain the tooth enamel. Constant exposure to stain-causing foods and beverages can put you at risk for developing stains on the enamel, even after a tooth whitening treatment.
- Use a straw: If you need to drink a beverage, try drinking it through a straw to help avoid your tooth enamel.
- Ask about professional teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is an excellent way to brighten discolored teeth safely and effectively. With in-office teeth whitening, you can achieve noticeable results in about an hour. Unlike over the counter whitening, teeth whitening performed by a dentist offers consistent, long-lasting results. For tooth whitening in Charlotte, NC, schedule an appointment with Dr. Moore.
Schedule A Tooth Whitening Consultation
At our Charlotte, NC dentist office, we offer a full range of cosmetic treatments to enhance the appearance of your smile and whiten your teeth. Dr. Moore can work with you to determine if tooth whitening, dental bonding, or porcelain veneers are right for you. To explore your treatment options, contact our office.